Friday, May 9, 2008

anything for a horse

The other day, I was driving the kids home from school. We carpool with our neighbors, the Worcotts, who have a son in second grade, Zac, and a daughter in kindergarten, Maddy (Zac, Maddy and Ella are in the photo at left being train conductors together at Disney World). I often eavesdrop on their fascinating conversations and this day was no exception. Part of it went a little like this:

Maddy: Ahhh, I want to see my horse soooo bad. I miss him soooo much.

Me (silently thinking to myself): Do they have a horse that I don't know about? I've never heard that they have a horse.

Ella: Where's your horse:

Maddy: In Colorado.

Zac: He's at cochlear camp (Zac is deaf and has a cochlear implant).

Ella: Huh?

Zac: At cochlear camp.

Ella: I want to go to cochlear camp. What is it?

Zac: You have to have someone in your family who is deaf to go to cochlear camp.

Ella: Oh, I hope our baby is deaf so we can go to cochlear camp.

Ella, I assure you, there are far easier ways to go on a horse ride than to have your little brother be deaf and have to get a cochlear implant so you can go to cochlear camp. In fact, I think I'll start looking into some local horse riding opportunities right now...

1 comment:

Tom said...

Sweet blog! You rock, honey!