Sunday, May 18, 2008

simple pleasures

Recently, I've been noticing some small and simple things that can really make my day. Here are a few:

1. Freshly washed sheets
2. Ella and Ava playing without one of them screaming within five minutes
3. Watching things around the yard come back after a long, cold winter
4. Sitting on my front porch in the evening
5. Sunday afternoon naps
6. Pedicures
7. Email (or even better, real mail) from a friend
8. A tall glass of ice water

I'm trying to notice more and more of these everyday because sometimes my days as a stay-at-home mom can seem a little monotonous and "Groundhog Day"-ish. By recognizing these small things, I feel more gratitude and joy and am much happier which in turn makes me a better wife and mother. So, here's to the little things--look for some in your life today!

No comments: