Friday, October 24, 2008

awol

So I've been seriously absent from the blog this month. Wanna know why? I finally gave in to peer pressure and jumped on board the Facebook bandwagon. I know, I know, I'm terribly late to the party. My own mother (who is currently on a mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil with my dad) was on there way before me and has way more friends than I do. Yes, friends, I am seriously behind the times.

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun to reconnect with so many people from high school, college, my mission, the old neighborhood, etc. Before I got on, I'd heard stories about all of the lame people who checked their FB Wall several times a day and who friended all of their friendly friends. I thought it sounded like a total waste of time. But now, I've become that person. I'm on several times a day checking out what everyone is doing, reading and posting messages and updating and creating albums. Forget all those other vices you can succumb to in cyberspace--this Facebook thing might be the most dangerous. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon and I'll rejoin the world of walking, talking, real-life friends.

If you're on there too, give me a holler and pretty please, be my friend.

2 comments:

Sher said...

I really like facebook just for chatting with old friends, but I definitely prefer blogging to talk about my life.
I like doing both.

tecwhitram said...

Sorry! I should have invited with a warning that it could be dangerous to the health and balance of your life. I only check once a day; and yes, the novelty does wear off. Glad to see you there though!!!