Sunday, August 17, 2008

mad skills


One of my goals for this year was to learn how to use Photoshop. I've wanted to be able to enhance and correct my photos and start digital scrapbooking. So, I took a class a few months ago and have dabbled a little ever since whenever I have the chance.

Just before Hudson was born, I decided to take on a serious Photoshop challenge--to create his announcement from scratch. So Tom and I had another hot date night--this time technology-centered. We sat next to each other and I did some Photoshopping while he edited our video from Disney World on the iMac. I got everything ready except for the photo. All I had to do then was wait until he was born and I felt good enough to take some pictures, Photoshop the money shot and drop it in. I finally did it and here is the finished product. Not bad, eh? I'm not saying I'm awesome (yet), but I think it's a pretty good start.

2 comments:

Sher said...

That announcement looks awesome! That is a beautiful picture of your sweet baby!

tecwhitram said...

You are amazing and your talents
boundless. I am hiring you for our next baby announcement (this is not an announcement BTW)