Tuesday, September 30, 2008

blessing day


On Sunday, we blessed Hudson at church. It was a beautiful, bright, sunny day and Tom gave him a beautiful blessing. We've always been a little nervous about blessing our children as the first experience was rather traumatic. Although she was normally a very even-tempered baby, Elleke screamed throughout her entire blessing making it difficult to hear a word Tom said. So with Avarie, we decided to bless her at home so that we could control the environment and choose the ideal moment for her to be in her best spirits. Everything went smoothly with her so we decided to take a chance and go back to church for Hudson. Despite a few tense seconds of him fussing when they all first got up there, he quickly settled down and was an angel. It was a special day and we were happy to be surrounded by family and friends.

After church, we had a lunch at our house of lasagna, salad, rolls (thanks again, Nat) and fruit. For dessert, I made some baby blue and white popcorn and baby blue frosted cupcakes with blue sprinkles. Ava was so excited that I made cupcakes--they are a huge favorite at our house and she has been begging me to make them for a couple of weeks. Before anyone could eat any and enduring quite a bit of heckling, I made sure to take some pictures of them looking all pretty on the pedestal.

So after everyone left, I went up to rest while Hudson was napping. When I came back down to clean up the kitchen, I found the remaining seven cupcakes with the frosting licked and bitten off. Hmmmm, wonder who did that...I got out my giggles before I called Ava over to give her a stern little lecture.

I couldn't be too harsh--if I had been left alone with them, I would have eaten them all too.

No comments: