Tuesday, September 9, 2008

lackluster


Man, there are some seriously pimped out blogs out there! As I'm immersing myself deeper and deeper into this new hobby and, therefore, peeking in on more and more people's blogs, I'm seeing some serious design work, photography, links, music playing, etc., etc. Wow. I sincerely apologize. All you've got on my blog is my random thoughts, an occasional photo or two and a whole lot of white space. Unfortunately, decorating my blog happens to fall pretty low on my list of priorities right now. Somehow, taking care of my baby, packing lunch for school, finishing homework, doing laundry, cleaning my house (well, kind of), entertaining a two-year-old and feeding my family rank a little higher right now. Maybe someday when blogs are totally out of style, I'll finally catch up and put something fancy or sparkly on mine.

Speaking of decorating things, I have started a methodical, room-by-room project completion blitz around my house. I am taking one area or room each week and hanging pictures, painting furniture, sewing curtains, buying accessories or whatever else I need to be doing to finish it up. I get as much done as I can and when the week is up, I move on to the next area. Apparently, according to my geeky husband (and I say that lovingly), I'm following some sort of software development methodology called Scrum. The guy who came up with it travels the country and charges tens of thousands of dollars for three days of training so I must be doing something right. Last week I did the kids' bathroom and got almost everything done. This week it's the dining room which needs some major surgery to make it look good. We'll see how I do. Hey, maybe I should put my blog in the rotation as one of my areas to be decorated. Hmmm, now I'm thinking (which is surprising because it's almost midnight). Anyway, stay tuned--for now, I've included some paper from one of the digital scrapbooking kits that I've downloaded in my lame attempt to spiff this place up. So enjoy.

Oh, by the way, dropping a half gallon bottle of milk all over your kitchen floor really sucks.

2 comments:

Sher said...

I still love reading your blog, even without the frills. I don't know much about decorating my blog either. I use those free pre-made blog backgrounds.
I have completely lost all desire whatsoever to decorate my house.
I have decoration depression, or something.
I am actually dreading Christmas, because I don't want to decorate.
And I am totally buying a Festival of Trees tree this year, so I don't have to decorate one.
SHer

BMK3 said...

If you ever need time away, call me, ill come watch your kids, seriousy! i have half of the day off till my husband get home from work, and with all my spare time, i get bored! so if you ever need a break, let me know! every weekend i have afternoons off.