Tuesday, September 23, 2008

mystery solved

Sticking to her typical routine, this morning Ava wandered groggily into our room at around 7:30, squinted and rubbed her eyes, climbed into our bed and politely requested some chocolate milk and Max & Ruby. So Tom cued up the TiVO and we began suffering through one of the episodes we've all watched about 563 times (did I mention that this is Ava's all-time favorite and most-requested TV program?). I was half listening to the one entitled "Max's Birthday" when my ears immediately perked up at the mention of an Aunt Claire and Uncle Nate that Max needed to write a thank you note to for the birthday gift they sent him. Sound familiar? Yes, this is the mysterious Aunt Carol and Uncle Nate that Ava introduced us to a few weeks ago. We have now discovered their origins and are relieved that they weren't a complete fabrication after all.

And one more thing, having your two-year-old drop a half gallon of milk all over your kitchen floor really sucks.

3 comments:

Sher said...

I knew that sounded too familiar. My kids like to watch Max & Ruby, too. I think it's a cute show. I watch KJ & TJ play, and it reminds me of them. Bossy big sister, mischeivous little brother.
Classic.
Good luck with that spilled milk. Try not to cry over it....

NICHOLS said...

Really friend.. you should write a book. You have a way with words that keeps me reading. Good job! You should post some pics of your cute baby. I haven't seen you all in a while!

Love Fam said...

Hey I found you...My kids absolutely love that show!! They play that they are Ruby and Louise(it's usually a fight for Ruby) and Krew is Max, it's commical, and I agree with Camille, you should write a book you are freakin hysterical!