Sunday, September 7, 2008

who?

Recently, our family suddenly and unexpectedly increased in size with the addition of the mysterious and elusive Aunt Carol and Uncle Nate. I don't know where they came from or what they look like but they are quite involved in our lives. They call us on the phone, we send mail to them and we talk frequently of what they're doing and where they are. The only person who seems to know much about them is Avarie. She's the one who introduced us to these long-lost relatives and she is quick to correct us if we confuse or omit any details pertaining to Aunt Carol and Uncle Nate. Seriously, I have no idea where or how these people came to be but she talks about them like they've been around forever. I would love to be able to get into the mind of my little imaginative, creative two-year-old to see how they came to be. I'm not sure how long Aunt Carol and Uncle Nate will be a part of our family but they're welcome to stay as long as they'd like (or at least as long as she'll let them).

2 comments:

Sher said...

That is so funny. I always wonder where my kids come up with the names of their stuffed animals. That's funny that you have an imaginary aunt & uncle.
(did I understand that right?)

BMK3 said...

I have not yet seen the newest member of your family! He is so cute! How big was he? Your kids are just so cute! Cute little Ava! How fun!