Tuesday, July 15, 2008

and baby makes five!




He made it! And I made it through the whole nine months! Our beautiful baby boy, Hudson Oliver Kofford, made his debut on Friday, July 11 at 4:04 p.m. weighing in at a petite 9 pounds 6 ounces and measuring a mere 21.5 inches. Despite sustaining a broken clavicle on the way out, he has been an absolute joy and we are all in love with him already. He passed his hearing test with flying colors which means he won't be needing a cochlear implant which means we won't be going to cochlear camp which means, much to her disappointment, Ella won't be able to go horseback riding (refer to May 9, 2008 post if you're a little lost).

We are now all home and taking it easy. Hudson has had to be in a billibed the past couple of days because he has a touch of jaundice but we're hoping to get rid of that tomorrow. Ella and Ava are loving their new baby brother and Ava is especially proud to finally be a big sister. They are adorable with him--he's going to be very well taken care of. Tom has taken a few days off work (kind of) and my sister is flying in from Oklahoma tomorrow for a few days to help me out. I don't know what I'd do without them--I've really needed some help this time around. Also, my sisters-in-law, Lisa and Natalie watched the girls while I was in the hospital which I am so grateful for so a huge shout-out to them.

Today, I was bringing the baby into our room and Ella was in our bed watching TV and we had a very interesting conversation. It went a little like this:

Ella: "Mom, maybe the baby really is a girl and the machine was wrong."

Me: "You mean the ultrasound machine that showed us he was a boy a few months ago."

Ella: "Yeah, maybe it was wrong and it really is a girl. How do we know he' s a boy?"

Me: "He's for sure a boy because he has boy parts. Like we can tell from his privates that he's a boy."

Ella (like she's finally getting it): "Oooooohhhhh."

How's that for some sex education? Anyway, that's about all I can do tonight--I've got to get some sleep or this post is going to get very incoherent very fast. I've also just taken a dose of Lortab and Ibuprofen so that could make it all very ugly. Anyway, more to come soon.

Isn't a new baby the best thing ever?

2 comments:

Sher said...

Congratulations! He looks so sweet all curled up on the table.
And you seriously look fabulous for just having had a baby! Wow!
Let me know if you need help with anything!

NICHOLS said...

Congrats!! I love his name and his size! Let Crystal know if you need anything and I will come help. We are all excited for you.