Thursday, July 31, 2008

he doesn't bring me flowers



There are some husbands who give their wives flowers. Mine isn't--and has never been--one of them. My husband doesn't bring me flowers. He brings me gadgets.

He gave me an iPod Nano when I had Ava and a Roomba for this past Mother's Day but for having Hudson, he really outdid himself. Last week he came home and presented me with my belated "Congrats and good job having our baby boy" gift--an iPhone 3G. Yes, I am now the proud owner of one of the most coveted and coolest gadgets on the planet, thanks to my hubby. Not only did he get me one, he waited in line at the Apple store for two hours during the work day (for the second time--the first time he tried, he had to leave before he could get one to go to a meeting), got the last one in stock that day, went immediately to the mall kiosk to buy the protective skin and then spent another tedious hour or so meticulously putting it on.

It gets even better. He's spent tons of time during the past week transferring my contacts to it, setting it up, finding and watching tutorials with me and helping me figure everything out (mostly by playing around with it himself and then showing me). The most impressive thing is that he got me one first--without getting one for himself. If you know my gadget-loving husband, you too are impressed by that. Someone at work told him to wait for a week or so while they negotiated an arrangement with AT&T so he's waiting patiently until he can get his own. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to have a conversation with him after he gets his--maybe we could just text each other. And we'll both have really cool phones to do it with.

So I know I've told you, honey, but a million thanks--you know how to spoil me. I'd rather have my new phone/camera/GPS/iPod/etc. than flowers any day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, you're so lucky!

arlene,
Bainbridge Island florist

Sher said...

Oh, wow! If that doesn't say "i love you" I don't know what does! That is so sweet!
My husband is very good gift giver, too. And he's really really good at keeping it a secret. I'm always surprised!
I on the other hand, do things like forget his birthday.
How are you feeling?

Peggy said...

Hey remember me? I found your blog from Sherrie's and just wanted to say hi and congrats on the new baby! He's darling and I love his name. Wishing you lots of sleep!

Peggy Griffin