Thursday, July 10, 2008

the night before

Well, here it is. My last night before baby number three joins our family. Hopefully, that is. I've been having a lingering fear that I'll get there at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow and they'll say I'm not ready and send me home. I'm preparing myself for that to happen so I'll be pleasantly surprised if they actually hook me up, get me going and place a baby in my arms anytime tomorrow.

I'm actually feeling quite calm about everything and feel like I'm as ready as I'll ever be--I've got the nursery semi-finished, blankets made, some diapers and wipes on hand and a good supply of binkies, bottles and outfits. What more do I need, right? I've been thinking today about the births of my girls and recall feeling more anxiety about knowing what to do with a baby and wondering how I would feel about this new little person. But my feelings about this one are a little different. I haven't worried too much because I know, based on past experience, that it'll be love at first sight and that all those mothering instincts that have been passed through female DNA since the beginning of time will immediately kick in once this little guy makes his debut. I'm mostly just feeling excited to meet him and curious to see if he'll look like my Grammie Raat (like both my girls did--and still do sometimes).

To celebrate the impending arrival of our little guy (yet to be named, by the way...) we followed our little Kofford family tradition of eating the night before meal at the Union Grill in Ogden. I ate the same meal I've eaten every night before I've had a baby--onion rings, French onion soup and a Crockett sandwich. Yum. Had to fuel up for the long day of ice chips tomorrow.

Anyway, I've got to be up in a few hours to get to the hospital so I'm off to bed. Pictures and all relevant info will be posted as soon as possible!

1 comment:

Sher said...

Yeah! Good luck! I hope all goes well! Let us know if you need anything, like dinner, or if you want, i could take your girls for a day and let them come over and play.
Congratulations!