Thursday, July 24, 2008

the things we put up with

Late last night, after a long day of playing with friends and visiting Grandma Sue and Papa Kent, Ella and Ava came home. I was excited to see them since I'd hardly seen them all day and they were excited to show me all the treasures they had brought home with them. We were all hanging out on our bed and just as they were about to go get their jammies on, Ava (our potty-training challenged daughter) told us she went potty on our bed. Sure enough, there were a couple of wet spots on our duvet cover. While I applaud her for her honesty, I'm not very impressed with her timing. Or her lack of going in any of the various potties in our house. Anyway, I stood and studied the two wet spots, bleary-eyed and exhausted from middle-of-the-night feedings, debating about how I could resolve the situation. In the end, I decided it was one of those things that I could let go. Sleeping with potty at the bottom of my duvet cover for one night wasn't going to kill me. So, I climbed in bed, pulled up the covers and settled in for another terrible night's sleep.

Just another day in the life of a parent.

No comments: